ModCap – High Power Film Capacitors
The New Modular Standard Series
TDK has implemented a modular and versatile power capacitor concept for DC link applications. This, combined with the latest-generation of IGBT modules, allows compact converters for applications in traction, renewable energies and industrial to be brought swiftly to market readiness.
- Capacity range from 365 up to 2525 23µF
- Voltages from 1100 up to 2300 V
- Low ESL <14 nH
- Temperature range up to 90 °C hot spot
- IEC 61071, IEC 61881-1, EN 45545-2 HL3 R23 (fire and smoke)
- Filled with polyurethane resin (dry technology)
- Plastic case (opened)
- Flat windings
- High energy density, ultra compact solution
- Modular concept for parallelization
- Low voltage overshoot
- Generally no snubber capacitors are needed
- Lifetime up to 200,000 hours
- Simulation software available for the whole series
- Cost optimization
- Reduced time to market & lead time
For more info, contact Deon
Click here to open TDK’s ModCap webpage
Robust Temperature Sensor for E-Mobility
The new B58703M1103A* temperature sensor is specially developed for demanding E-mobility applications, which call for high long-term stability. The NTC sensor is designed for a temperature range of -40°C to 150°C, whereby a temporary load of up to 200 °C is permitted. At 25 °C the rated resistance is 10 kΩ with a B25/100 value of 3625 K and a tolerance of ±1%.
The sensor has been subjected to climatic, chemical and mechanical testing according to the service life tests of LV 124 and in doing so has achieved electrical resistance class H3 according to LV 123, which corresponds to 2.5 kV DC. This high and long-term stable electrical strength is required to prevent damage, for example, to control devices throughout the service life of the vehicle.
The connecting cables of the new temperature sensor meet the LV 112-4 standard for electrical cables in motor vehicles and are twisted to improve EMC performance. The cable lengths are 655 mm and 1000 mm as standard. The sensor includes an M4 mounting bracket made from copper alloy for mounting purposes. This choice of material offers excellent thermal coupling and ideal material compatibility with the copper busbar, which prevents contact corrosion.
The field of application of the new sensor is temperature monitoring of busbars, battery modules and connector systems in E-mobility.
Features and Benefits
- Screw-on mounting with good thermal contact
- Accurate busbar temperature readings
- Temperature range from -40°C to 150°C
- High electrical strength of 2.5 kVDC according to LV 123 H3 class
- Wire acc. LV112-4 (0.13 mm² CuMg alloy with reduced weight)
- Up to 50 N pull force during installation allowed
- Twisted cables for good EMC performance
- Alternative wire lengths, R/T characteristics and connectors available on request
- Temperature monitoring of busbars
- battery modules
- connector systems in E-mobility applications
You can find further information about the products at www.tdk-electronics.tdk.com/en/ntc.
For more info, contact Sales
CeraCharge™ – Rechargeable Solid-State SMD Battery
CeraCharge™ Now Available in a Small Packing Unit
CeraCharge™, the world’s first SMD technology solid-state rechargeable battery, in the compact size EIA 1812 (4.4 x 3.0 x 1.1 mm³) is now available in a new packing unit.
This unit (B73180A0101M199) includes 10 blister-packed CeraCharge batteries which come in a vacuum-sealed plastic bag. The components are manufactured in regular series production and are suitable for test purposes, prototype construction and the installation of pilot lines. The packing unit can be obtained quickly and easily from selected TDK service distributors.
CeraCharge can be recharged more than 1,000 times, and has a capacity of 100 µAh at a nominal voltage of 1.5 V. Currents in the range of a few mA can also be rapidly drawn. Thanks to the SMD technology, it is simple to fit the batteries and process them in reflow soldering processes, which in turn, reduces the production costs of the device. CeraCharge is designed for a temperature range of -20 °C to 80 °C.
Unlike most ordinary technologies, CeraCharge is a solid-state rechargeable battery that uses a ceramic solid as electrolyte instead of liquid electrolyte, thus eliminating the risk of fire, explosion or leakage of electrolyte fluid. In a similar way to ceramic capacitors, CeraCharge is based on multilayer technology and combines a relatively high energy density in a very compact space, with process security, when manufacturing multilayer construction components.
To increase capacity and voltage, individual CeraCharge chips can be connected in series and in parallel as required, opening up a very wide spectrum of potential uses – especially in IoT applications. For example, this could include real time clocks, Bluetooth beacons, wearables or energy harvesting.
Main Features & Benefits
- Compact EIA 1812 case size
- Wide temperature range from -20 °C to +80 °C
- More than 1000 recharging cycles
- Easy placement and processing using reflow soldering techniques
- Solid ceramic electrolyte rules out the risk of fire, explosion or leakage of liquid electrolyte
- IoT devices e.g., smart meters, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), smart home sensors, real-time clocks (RTC)
- Bluetooth beacons (BLE)
- Wearable devices
- Systems for energy harvesting
For more info, contact Sales
You can find further information about the products at www.tdk-electronics.tdk.com/ceracharge.
SmartBug™ : Smart Multi-Sensor Wireless Module for IoT Applications
TDK SmartBug (MD-42688-P) is a multi-sensor wireless module that leverages TDK’s MEMS sensors and algorithms for a wide range of IoT applications.
This module combines six sensors, a powerful wireless (BLE) MCU, seven algorithm driven features and a rechargeable battery, in a small enclosure. It also comes with the option of an Add-On board that includes a WiFi module, an SD card slot and an ultrasonic sensor from TDK.
- All-In-One Sensor Module including a combination of sensors and algorithms
- Out-of-Box Solution
- Pre-programmed. No soldering or programming needed
- Dedicated source of raw and intelligent sensor data
- Small size (50 × 36.6 × 18 mm) lets you stick this module almost anywhere
- BLE, USB, WiFi and SD data logging
- Reliable and quality data from high performance sensors and algorithms
- Over the Air (OTA) Firmware upgrade
- Visualization Software available
- Optional Add-On Board adds WiFi, SD card and an ultrasonic range sensor
The SmartBug, a compact, wireless multi-sensor solution designed for a plethora of commercial and consumer IoT applications. The out-of-the-box solution enables quick and easy access to reliable and smart sensor data without the need for programming, soldering or extra modifications.
SmartBug is an all-in-one sensor module that integrates TDK’s 6-axis IMU (gyroscope + accelerometer) with magnetometer, pressure, temperature, humidity and ultrasonic sensors, and high-precision algorithms. These algorithms include sensor fusion, HVAC filter monitoring, asset monitoring, gesture detection, activity classification, air mouse monitoring and smart door open/close detection.
The SmartBug module enables accurate and remote monitoring via both BLE and WiFi, and provides autonomous SD card data logging capability for IoT applications with large data volumes. With its small size, flat base and wireless features, the SmartBug is a perfect one-size-fits-all solution that can be stuck almost anywhere, from a simple door to an industrial robot, providing high-quality remote data collection.
- SmartBug combines TDK’s high-performance MEMS sensors and precision algorithms in a simple all-in-one wireless solution
- Designed as a dedicated source of smart sensor data for a diverse range of IoT use cases from smart homes and appliances to wellness monitoring
- Integration partnerships announced with Nordic, AKM, Sensirion, and Espressif Systems
- SmartBug addresses a wide range of IoT applications, including but not limited to:
- Smart Door Lock Detection
- Asset Monitoring
- HVAC Filter Monitoring
- Air Mouse
- Robotic Vacuum
- Orientation detection
- Patient Activity Monitoring (e.g., cervical analysis, balance control and gait analysis)
- Smart Home
- Smart Appliances
For more info, contact Sales
Click here to open the product webpage
Click here to download the PDF product datasheet
Capacitors: Extended range of axial hybrid-polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitors
TDK Corporation has extended its product range of hybrid-polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitors and now offers two series with an axial design. The B40600 / B40700 series is designed for rated voltages of 25 V and 35 V. These cover a capacitance range from 780 µF to 2200 µF. Capacitors in the 63 V voltage class with capacitance values from 390 µF to 720 µF are available with the B40640 / B40740 series.
Main Features and Benefits
- Very low ESR, for example 3.5 mΩ max. at 20°C in a can measuring 14 x 25 mm to 16 x 30 mm
- Wide temperature range from -55°C to 150°C
- Service life of 4000 hours at 125°C [h]
For more info, contact Deon