Compact flat wire SMT high-current chokes
TDK has extended its portfolio of EPCOS ERU SMT power inductors with the ERU16 choke series, comprised of ten different types. The inductance values of the new B82559B*A016 series, which replaces the former B82559A*A016 series, extend from 1.0 µH to 30 µH, and their saturation currents range from 10.3 A DC to 40.4 A DC at 25 °C.
A key feature of these new power inductors is their compact design: With a footprint of just 17.3 x 16.5 mm, they take up 12 percent less space on the PCB than their predecessor. The low insertion heights of 7.55 mm (1.0 µH) to 11.1 mm (30 µH) vary depending on the type. This low-profile design is based on a flat rectangular helical winding technology, which also results in lower losses.
Main features and benefits
- Compact dimensions due to flat rectangular helical winding
- High saturation currents of up to 40.4 A DC
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
- Output and storage chokes for point-of-load (POL) converters
- DC-DC converters and high-current switch-mode power supplies
- Inverters for photovoltaics systems
- Inverters in hybrid and electric vehicles
For more info, contact Deon