Watertight, Thick Wall, NEMA 4X, IP66, UL Listed Enclosures
Glass reinforced polyester (GRP) enclosures are lightweight and corrosion-resistant. They are also UV resistant, enabling them to be installed inside and outside.
The new black 1590ZGRPBK family offers the same 18 sizes as well-established and field-proven 1590ZGRP grey family. The new design offers better impact resistance: IK09 rather than IK08, and all sizes have the additional feature of shelves moulded into the base, fitted with threaded inserts to aid retaining a PCB or the housed equipment. The thick wall design gives good thermal insulation as well as impact resistance. The family is designed for use as instrument enclosures, electric, hydraulic or pneumatic control housings, electrical junction boxes or terminal wiring enclosures and are ideal for housing equipment that uses wi-fi, Bluetooth or other non-wired communication technologies as the aerials can be safely positioned inside the enclosure without suffering signal attenuation.
Pole mounting kits enable the units to be attached to round poles up to 375mm in diameter as well as square and rectangular shapes.
- 18 sizes from the smallest 81 x 75 x 55 to the largest 600 x 250 x 160 including lids
- Heavy-duty construction with a wall thickness of 3.7 to 5mm depending on size
- Sealed to IP66
- Easy wall mount using through box holes located outside the sealing gasket
- All sizes are approved to IEC 62262, ‘degrees of protection provided by enclosures for electrical equipment against external mechanical impacts’
- Impact resistance is rated at IK09, confirming protection against 10 Joules of impact, tested by a 50mm diameter steel ball weighing 5kg dropped from 200mm above the impacted surface.
- Corrosion resistant
- Good thermal insulation
- Self-captivating stainless steel securing screws
- All sizes have a mounting shelf at each end of the base
- The three smallest sizes have a single M4 threaded insert in the shelves, all the others have three M6 ones
- Optional 1.3mm galvanised steel inner panels that attach to the mounting shelves available for all sizes
- Pole mounting kits, ordered separately, enable the units to be attached to round poles up to 375mm in diameter as well as square and rectangular shapes.
- Optional hinge kits for the lids
- Optional accessories: pressure compensation plugs and sealed strain relief cord grips in black, breathers and rainproof ventilators in grey
For more info, contact Heidi